Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunriver, Birthdays, and I'm Blogging Again

And so it begins . . . a new chapter in the life of the Comptons. Many of you know the heartache and craziness that were brought about in the past few months.  Many of you don't. Someday I will be ready to write more, but for now suffice it to say that Jesus is faithful and by God's grace we live and breathe and have our being. As we have walked through the storm I feared most in this world, the Lord has done immeasurably more than I ever could have asked or imagined. He has continued to make me fearless, and as long as I keep my eyes on Jesus and off of the waves I'm okay. More than okay.

In all of this, my oldest baby mentioned that I haven't blogged since the start of this mess. I asked him why it mattered to him, and he said he missed having a record of everything we've done. That he wanted our life in writing and pictures that he could read about later. He suggested that I start with these past few days of vacation at Sunriver. So, here we go!!



Thursday morning I packed up my four babes and headed over the mountain to Sunriver to meet my in-laws. The house there has become a place of comfort and joy to me as much as to my kids. We spent four days playing to a state of exhaustion and filth!

Secretly, my fave part of Sunriver is that Morrow will only nap with me!


These two are becoming best buddies!


Riding bikes,






Cutest bike rider ever! He rode to the Village and back!!

swimming, water slides,  time with my big kids who are growing up WAY too fast,




football, brotherly bonding,


ice cream, riding the chair lift at Bachelor for the first time ever,




snow, ladder ball

Clash of Clans & Minecraft,



tubing, bounce houses,



bumper cars, mini golf, donuts,



hot tubbing and train rides!



Oh . . . and we might have celebrated my birthday. Bless my sweet friend Sara for thinking it was my 32nd - I wish! Thankful for Randy and Robyn who gave me an awesome birthday weekend. Including getting to go running TWICE and an hour of laying out in the sun with headphones in!!


All I wanted for my birthday was a picture with my four kids. I can't say we got a good one, but they definitely depict real life.



So glad to be writing again . . .

No comments: