Monday, July 9, 2012

Keep Going

So, I did it. I finally started Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. I know I'm totally behind the times on this one. I feel like I'm the last one on the Ann Voskamp bandwagon. My best friend gave me the book last year on my birthday, and sadly it has sat on my bookshelf for almost a year. (The story of many books in my life).

But, today as we watched swim lessons, my dear friends Amybeth and Dana were talking about the book. They are both reading it right now. They inspired me to pull it off of my bookshelf and start it too.

I am through one chapter and I'm already so grateful I started this book. And I'm grateful for Ann Voskamp and the courage she had to lay bare her story. To open herself up to the world. To share what the Lord has taught her, that He might teach others through her.

I had to put down the book to write a quick blogpost.

To those of you who are writing your stories, blogging your journeys. I just wanted to say keep writing. Please keep sharing what you are learning. Your story has meaning and purpose. Jesus is using your struggles and triumphs in the lives of other women, as you are willing to share with whoever is listening/reading.

If you are feeling like no one is listening. If you are feeling like your writing is silly. If others are telling you it's silly. Or they don't like what you're saying. Or they don't understand why you would spend any of your time writing. Then listen to what my interweb friend, Kyle, said earlier this week (her blog is beautiful): "you are not silly. your blog is not silly. you aren't wasting your time. thank you for writing, creating, and inspiring this group of women to be who they were created to be, without shame. keep going." 


Take her words to heart. You are blessing me and so many other women. Please.Keep.Going.

1 comment:

Haley Munson said...

Thanks Joce for sharing! Dana has mentioned that book to me as well, so I guess I would be the last to read it since I don't even own it.... yet :) Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading your blog and one of these days I'll get back to mine. Thanks for encouraging me that mine isn't silly, because well I think it is most of the time. :)